Job Code: 22542
Employer: Bendigo Health
Salary: Victorian Public Health Sector (Medical Scientists, Pharmacists and Psychologists) Enterprise Agreement
Closing application date: 28/11/2017
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a pharmacist to join our pharmacy team on a full-time basis. This role involves the provision of pharmacy services including clinical services, operational services and dispensing to wards and units. Other duties include participation in the pharmacy department’s quality improvement and medication safety program, and participation in the education and training of students and pre-registrants. You will provide a safe and efficient pharmacy service to the hospital and contribute to the development of our pharmacy services.
- Salary packaging (meals and entertainment and accommodation)
- Employee assistance program
- Gymnasium, hydrotherapy pool, exercise classes
- Private Health Insurance discounts
- Social club discounts
- Smoke free environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Current registration (or soon to be registered) as a Pharmacist with AHPRA (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency) is essential.
- Recent hospital pharmacy experience is highly desirable (Grade 1) or essential (Grade 2).
- A sound knowledge of pharmacotherapeutics and hospital pharmacy practice is essential.
- Demonstrated capacity to assign priority to responsibilities and to meet time constraints are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate with a diverse range of people at all levels is essential.
- Flexibility to operate in an environment of change and continuous improvement is essential.
- Ability to maintain accuracy while providing a timely and efficient service is essential
- Ability to give excellent customer service to both internal and external customers is essential.
Bendigo Health is a leading healthcare provider in regional Victoria, known for its high level of professionalism and its engagement with the community. With more than 3400 staff and covering an area a quarter the size of Victoria, Bendigo Health has over 650 beds which treats over 37,000 in-patients, attends to 45,000 emergency cases and delivers approximately 1200 babies each year. In addition, we have a rehabilitation unit, eight bed intensive care unit and five operating theatres where almost 10,000 surgical procedures are performed annually.
The organisation provides services in emergency, maternity, women’s health, medical imaging, rehabilitation, community services, residential aged care, psychiatric care, community dental, hospice, palliative care, cardiology, cancer services and renal dialysis to the people of the Loddon Mallee region.
How to ApplyVia this website
Download this position description and apply directly: Further Information:
Contact: Paul O'Brien, email@example.com (03) 5454 9004