Job Code: 519878
Employer: Mersey Community Hospital
Salary: $ 53,977 – $ 87,659
Closing application date: 30/11/2017
The successful applicant will be responsible for maintaining the weekend clinical service at the Mersey Community Hospital and will work as a member of the Pharmacy Department and hospital team to provide a comprehensive, efficient and accountable pharmacy service for hospital inpatients and outpatients.
Duties will include:
- Dispensing medications for inpatient, outpatient and discharge supply in accordance with all legal requirements, working within the parameters of the various medication access schemes available in public hospitals including the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme, Section 100, Special Access Scheme, Clinical Trials, and Early Access Schemes.
- Routinely offering verbal and written medicines information and other supporting health advice to patients.
- Providing information on medications to hospital staff and contributing to the development of their knowledge of medication related issues.
- Providing an integrated and documented medication management service that meets the requirements of the APAC guidelines to allocated patients throughout an episode of care.
Enthusiastic Pharmacists looking to actively participate to the contribution of the statewide service delivery functions of the Hospital Pharmacy Operations Unit should apply.
- Salary packaging is available.
- Flexible work/life balance.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Temporary accommodation can be coordinated for the successful applicant.
- Entitled to be granted registration by the Pharmacy Board of Australia.
The Mersey Community Hospital (MCH) has 100 beds and offers general and specialist health services to the region. It has a comprehensive undergraduate and graduate clinical training program and has close ties with the University of Tasmania through the Rural Clinical School and with TAFE Tasmania. It has a dedicated team of more than 300 full time equivalent staff committed to providing quality healthcare services to the community. The MCH is an integral part of the Tasmanian Health Service – North West region and works closely with other hospitals and primary health services to meet the needs of patients across the region. The MCH has been majorly refurbished in recent years and invested in a lot of new equipment and in recruiting more medical and nursing staff.
The MCH Pharmacy Department forms part of the Statewide Hospital Pharmacy
Operations Unit. The MCH Pharmacy Department employs approximately 14 pharmacists and support staff. The Department provides clinical pharmacy services to a number of wards of the hospital (including emergency medicine, HDU, general medical and surgical wards). It also provides a number of other services including outpatient dispensing.
The Department has strong links with the Pharmacy School at the University of Tasmania, with regular student rotations. The Department also prides itself on providing an excellent intern training program.
How to ApplyVia this website
Contact: Kelly Beswick, Pharmacy Manager (NW), firstname.lastname@example.org (03) 6493 6280