Job Code: 021017
Employer: Various locations within Tasmanian Public Hospitals
Salary: $ 57,275 pa plus superannuation
Closing application date: 22/10/2017
Assisting in the provision of a comprehensive range of pharmacy services for the hospitals while undertaking a structured pre-registration training program recognised by the Pharmacy Board of Australia.
Duties will include:
- Working under the supervision of a pharmacist and assisting in the provision of clinical pharmacy services, including reviewing patient medication profiles and participating in consultant ward rounds, case conferences and meetings as required
- Providing drug information as appropriate to doctors and health professional staff and providing verbal and written drug information to patients
- Dispensing medications, under the direct supervision of a pharmacist, for inpatients and outpatients of the hospital providing counselling and consumer medication information (CMI), following hospital procedures for medication reconciliation and provision of medication action plans and medication profiles, to patients and ongoing caregivers at discharge
- Manufacturing pharmaceutical products as required, following accepted aseptic and extemporaneous procedures, including small scale batches, parenteral nutrition products and chemotherapy
- January & mid-year intake (2018)
- Salary packaging
- Professional development opportunities
- An unbeatable lifestyle
- Eligible for provisional registration with the Pharmacy Board of Australia
The Pharmacy Department in each major public hospital forms part of the Statewide Hospital Pharmacy Operations Unit. The Pharmacy Department provides clinical pharmacy services to a number of wards of the hospital (including ICU, paediatrics, rehabilitation, palliative care, oncology, mental health, general medical and surgical wards). It also provides a number of other services including the manufacturing of aseptic and non aseptic products, chemotherapy preparation, clinical trials, outpatient dispensing, therapeutic drug monitoring and educational in-services.
The Pharmacy Department continues its exciting expansion phase in the model of service provided and actively promotes improved medication safety and equity of access to pharmacy services.
The Department has strong links with the Pharmacy School at the University of Tasmania, with regular student rotations. The Department also prides itself on providing an excellent intern training program.
How to ApplyVia this website
Contact: Paula Cooper, Pharmacy Support Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org (03) 6777 6733