Job Code: 019YO
Employer: Canberra Hospital and Health Services
Salary: $100,462 - $108,140
Closing application date: 30/11/2017
- Position Number: 26228
- Branch: Clinical Support Service
- Section: Pharmacy – TCH
Overview of the work area and position:
The pharmacy department sits in the Division of Clinical Support Services. The following areas are included in the division:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Medical Physics and Radiation Engineering
- Nursing Operational Support
- Clinical Records
- Billing and Revenue
CHHS Pharmacy Department has a dynamic, talented team of approximately 100 staff, including:
- Administration staff
The UCPH Pharmacy falls under the umbrella of CHHS Pharmacy Department. The UCPH Pharmacy Department provides a range of clinical services to inpatients and day patients, utilising a supported self-managed medication model of care. The UCPH Pharmacy Department has approximately 10 staff.
- Under broad direction, and in conjunction with the Deputy Director of Pharmacy (Operations), manage all areas of UCPH pharmacy department
- Promotion of safe, efficacious, and economical use of medicines.
- Proactively develop own knowledge and expertise to serve the functions of the role and the environment keeping abreast of emerging trends in pharmacy services.
- Education and Mentoring
- In conjunction the Lead Pharmacists and pharmacy management team, manage and coordinate orientation, education, training and mentorship to pharmacy and production staff.
- Research and Quality Improvement
- Develop and contribute to practice based research, QUM initiatives, and accreditation activities across the pharmacy department
- Develop and contribute to policy and procedure review, relevant projects and contribute to departmental and agency corporate and/or clinical governance, strategic policy and planning, and service review.
- Represent the pharmacy department, and liaise with internal and external agencies as required.
- Undertake other duties as directed, within the approved scope of practice of this position
These are the key criteria for how you will be assessed in conjunction with your resume and experience.
Your statement of claims against the selection criteria should summarise how your skills and experiences would enable you to fulfil the responsibilities of the position. It is therefore in the interests of candidates to present their application in a way that demonstrates significant outcomes associated with each of the criteria, as well as the capabilities and behaviours that underpin them.
(Please note that it is not necessary to address the capabilities and behaviours individually).
- Demonstrated high level management skills, including experience managing teams, clinical governance and strategic policy and planning.
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to engage, partner, influence, consult, negotiate and liaise effectively with a range of internal and external clients.
- Demonstrated expert level of competence, expertise, skills and ability to apply clinical judgment across a range of pharmacy support, operational and production services.
- Demonstrated commitment to and proven experience in
- Education and training, and the ability to impart knowledge and skills to pharmacy staff, students, and external professional disciplines and stakeholders.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships
- Demonstrate a commitment to work, health and safety (WH&S) and the positive patient experience and displays behaviour consistent with ACT Health’s values of Care, Excellence, Collaboration and Integrity.
- Be registered (or eligible to be registered) as a pharmacist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Masters level postgraduate qualifications in Clinical Pharmacy, Management, Education or Research or working towards with extensive clinical pharmacy experience deemed equivalent
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment Police check.
- Be registered under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011
- Work across multiply CHHS locations.
- Comply with ACT Health credentialing requirements for allied health professionals.
- Comply with ACT Health Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination policy.
- SHPA membership.
- Membership linked to area of speciality
- Publication in peer review journals
- Project management and/or research experience
- seven years experience working in hospital pharmacy
ACT Health is a values-led Directorate. Our values guide our day-to-day actions, behaviours, decisions and communications to successfully deliver the best services to meet the needs of our community. They were developed by us, for us and are unique to our work.
Canberra Hospital and Health Services (CHHS) provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community-based health services to the ACT and surrounding region.
The University of Canberra Public Hospital (UCPH) is a purpose built rehabilitation hospital with approximately 120 beds (rehab and mental health rehab), and a number of day programs.
The key strategic priority for acute services is to deliver timely access to effective and safe hospital care services. The hospital delivers a full range of medical, surgical and obstetric services, including complex procedures in areas such as cardiac surgery, neurosurgery and neonatal intensive care.
Strong links exist between hospital and community-based services, as many of the operational divisions deliver services across the continuum of care to ensure continuity of care for patients. The community based services of ACT Health include Early Childhood, Youth and Women’s Health; Dental Services, Rehabilitation and Community Care; Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services. In addition, Justice Health Services are provided within the Territory’s detention facilities.
ACT Health is a partner in teaching with the Australian National University, the University of Canberra and the Australian Catholic University.
How to ApplyVia this website
Contact: Stuart Margison, email@example.com (02) 6244 2121