Job Code: 73170930
Employer: Central Australia Health Service
Salary: $ 78,097 - $ 93,655
Closing application date: 07/12/2017
Implement and manage a comprehensive pharmacy service for the Central Australia Prison Health facilities including the Correctional Centre, Police Watch House and the Barkly Work Camp.
- Coordinate and provide a safe clinical pharmacy service in accordance with national standards, relevant legislation, regulations, local policies, guidelines and Codes of Practice.
- In collaboration with the CA PHC Remote pharmacist ensure management of contracts with external pharmacy providers, including reporting requirements, are used in the most cost-effective way.
- Participate in the development of policy, protocol and guideline documents related to medication management within Prison health through NT best practice group meetings.
- Working within a multidisciplinary team assist with safe drug distribution and maintenance of accurate prescription records
- Lead quality improvement medication safety initiatives and deliver staff and client educational programs
- Participate in structured professional development activities through membership of appropriate organisations and committees.
- Follow defined service quality standards, work health and safety policies and procedures relating to the work being undertaken in order to ensure high quality, safe services and workplaces.
- Foster a positive workplace culture through exemplary leadership practices and role modelling behaviour.
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Pharmacy and registration with the Pharmacy Board of Australia.
- Demonstrated sound level of current clinical pharmacy practice and knowledge.
- Sound communication skills, both written and oral, ability to work well with all other staff.
- Willingness to participate in continuing education activities of self, and provision of sessions to health staff.
- Ability to think laterally and problem solve independently with initiative.
- Demonstrated participation in CQI activities, medication safety initiatives and managing change in the clinical environment.
- An ability to interact effectively with people from diverse cultures.
- Postgraduate qualifications in clinical pharmacy, public health, project management or other relevant field.
- Previous hospital pharmacy experience.
How to ApplyVia this website
Download this position description and apply directly: Further Information:
Contact: Dy Kelaart, email@example.com (08) 89517757