Job Code: 4174
Employer: Alice Springs Hospital
Salary: $90367-$108123 (total remuneration package)
Closing application date: 22/08/2017
Responsible for the direct provision of all required pharmaceutical services to clients and staff of Alice Springs Hospital (ASH) and Tennant Creek Hospital (TCH) including inpatient and outpatient dispensing, supervision of technical staff, ward based clinical services, non-sterile manufacturing and provision of drug information.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide a ward based clinical pharmacy service in accordance with national standards and departmental guidelines to nominated wards.
2. Supervise technical staff in accord with relevant legislation, regulations, local Policies and Codes of Practice.
3. Assist with inpatient and outpatient dispensing and related counselling.
4. Provide culturally appropriate drug information and continuing education for clients and other hospital staff.
5. Participate in Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities and ongoing medication safety initiatives.
6. Assist in the development and review of guidelines, protocols and policies.
7. Assist in the monitoring of drug use and implementation of pharmaceutical related policies within ASH.
8. Assist with drug distribution and maintenance of accurate prescription records.
9. Participate in regular clinical rotations to Northern Territory (NT) hospitals and visit remote communities when required.
10. Follow defined service quality standards, work health and safety policies and procedures relating to the work being undertaken in order to ensure high quality, safe services and workplaces.
11. Foster a positive workplace culture through exemplary leadership practices and role modelling behaviour.
• Up to $500 reimbursement for costs incurred for relocating to Alice Springs
• Six weeks paid annual recreation leave with loading
• Superannuation contributions of 9.5% are paid by the NT government in addition to salary
• Salary sacrifice of up to $9 005 into personal loans, superannuation, or the purchase of lap tops and other work related technologies.
• Further salary sacrifice may be accessed through car leases and meals.
• Professional Development Allowance up to $550 per full year of service, for assistance with continuing professional development, seminars, conferences, research or maintaining qualifications.
• On-site accommodation may be available for a nominal rent, subject to availability.
• Access to full/partial government scholarships for post-graduate studies and other work-related courses.
1. A degree or equivalent qualification in Pharmacy and registration with the Pharmacy Board of Australia.
2. Demonstrated sound level of current clinical pharmacy practice and knowledge.
3. Willingness to participate in continuing education activities of self, and provision of sessions to hospital staff.
4. Ability to think laterally and problem solve independently with initiative.
5. Demonstrated participation in CQI activities and medication safety initiatives.
6. Sound communication skills, both written and oral, ability to work well with all other staff.
7. Ability and willingness to travel by plane (both twin propeller and jet), and spend some nights away from Alice Springs as part of departmental roster to other NT hospitals.
8. An ability to interact effectively with people from diverse cultures.
1. Previous hospital pharmacy experience.
2. Previous experience working with Indigenous Health.
The pharmacy is a modern and progressive department which employs 13 pharmacists, 1 intern pharmacist and 9 pharmacy technicians.
Services provided include ward based clinical and drug information services to Alice Springs and Tennant Creek Hospitals, as well as in-patient and out-patient dispensing, and non-sterile manufacturing. The regional pharmacy provides services to remote health clinics in the NT, WA, QLD and SA giving you the opportunity to deliver clinical pharmacy services to patients and staff living in the outback.
We have a strong commitment to professional development and will support the successful candidate to further their clinical skills.
We are currently seeking an adventurous, enthusiastic, motivated pharmacist to join our clinical pharmacy team.
How to ApplyVia this website
Contact: Sophie Higgins 08 89517570